Spring Hill History Day
Spring Hill in East Sandwich is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and marked with signs posted on Route 6A as the Spring Hill Historic District. On Saturday June 25 you are invited to visit Spring Hill to see its historic buildings and beautiful landscapes close-up and in person. Sites in the Spring Hill neighborhood include the Green Briar Nature Center and Jam Kitchen, the East Sandwich Friends Meetinghouse built in 1810 (freshly restored with help from a Sandwich Preservation Act grant), a remnant of the Old King’s Highway now Quaker Road, the Blueberry Bog, the Wing Fort House built in 1641 - one of the oldest structures on Cape Cod, and Shirley’s Woods, walking trails managed by the Sandwich Conservation Trust. Several private homes and gardens will also be open in the neighborhood. All historic sites are within a mile of each other, mostly on or just off Spring Hill Road.
Parking will be available at Green Briar Nature Center and Jam Kitchen just off Route 6A, the Quaker Meetinghouse on Quaker Road and the Wing Fort House on Spring Hill Road.
Tickets $10 per person